Opportunities at Benidorm Bikes
Want To Join The Benidorm Bikes' Team?
We are always looking for talented individuals! While there may not always be an 'unfilled' job description, there may be a way of bringing your skills together to work with ours. We've been known to work with the schedule of a mom and those responsibilities, and we have worked with the schedule of employees that race. We have been there! You may have a schedule of availability to match what we are looking for, or you may have a talent that we are looking to develop. Whatever the situation, we may be able to work something out...so, don't hesitate to apply, but please explain your interest in working with us. We want people that like to share the experience of working with others and are committed to their continued learning, and helping others to ride bikes too.
Join Our Sales Staff - currently hiring (3/21/22)
We’re incredibly passionate about both people and bicycles. We are committed to community and helping people of all ages and abilities have the best experience as they explore their cycling interests. If you share our passion, are open to learning and receiving guidance and are a hardworking team player, we encourage you to apply. There may a part time or full time position just waiting for you. We hire energetic sales staff and talented bicycle mechanics for part time and full time positions. Together, our team provides an exceptional bicycle retail experience to each and every person who visits us for his or her cycling needs.
Join Our Service Technician Staff - currently hiring (3/21/22)
Benidorm Bikes is in our 26th year of helping customers, our community and growing the interests of various disciplines of cycling! The backbone of our business depends upon outstanding customer service, a broad spectrum of technical knowledge, product selection, supportive staff dynamics, and the ability to knowledgeably help customers. As an America's Best Bike Shop for several years, we are interested in adding a service technician / mechanic and pre-assembler / bike builder to our committed team of employees. Employment is immediate, and can be part time, full time, seasonal or year round.
PT Bike Assembler / Pre-Assembler
Employment is immediate, and is a great introduction to the thoroughness of a brick and mortar bike shop quality build process.
Every bike arrives in a box and requires thorough and safe assembly. The spectrum of bike assembly will include youth bikes, to road and mountain bikes and everything in between. Your skills will develop to include pedal assist builds, and the latest technology of wireless, electronic and mechanical shifting, as well as tubeless tire set ups and disc brake bleeds. These differences will determine whether you begin as a pre-assembly technician or complete bike build technician.
If you are already a skilled builder, this position may compliment your 'other' job, or bring you into the happy place of a bike shop.
PT Service Technician / Mechanic
Part Time opportunity for Service Technician / Bicycle Mechanic position.
See responsibilities below.
Employment is immediate, year round or possibly seasonal if that suits your needs best.
FT Service Technician / Mechanic
Full Time, Year Round opportunity for Service Technician / Bicycle Mechanic position. Relocation help will be considered.
See responsibilities below.
Service Technician Responsibilities
- Contribute to the daily operations of a service department through thorough completion of scheduled labor
- Communicate within the service department, management and customers to provide the best, reliable solutions
- Maintain a clean, safe, organized work environment
- Evaluate customers' needs and qualify service appropriately
- Contribute to off-season customer maintenance classes
- Ability to diagnose and fix mechanical issues with all types of bicycles
- Perform confident brake bleeds and suspension service
- Assemble custom bikes, as well as stock bikes from entry to high end levels
Do You Possess These Qualities?
- Superior work ethic and ability to work with others
- Positive attitude and self-motivated
- Previous bicycle retail experience
- Detail oriented
- Organized team player with outstanding customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to learn new things
- Basic computer skills
- Willingness to do "whatever it takes"